Sunday, April 11, 2010

De Nieuwe Uri Geller—Hoax or not?

I, like a lot of other people, wondered if possibly the guest judge would be Michael Jackson. It just seemed to fit. I thought it answered his secretiveness on the previous show and his lack of response when asked if it was Michael Jackson over the internet. I didn’t get my hopes up too much, but I thought that there was a strong possibility.

Now, I know that there are many people out there that are mad at Uri Geller, because they believe that this was all a hoax to raise the number of viewers. His secretiveness about this mystery person was just to raise peoples’ hopes so they would watch the show.

Now, I’m not sure what to make of this. If he was truly supposed to have a mystery guest, the reason given behind this man (he slips up and says “he” and “him” instead of “this person” on April 9) not coming is strange to me. The reason given? This person is too controversial and the questions that surround him would not be appropriate for kids watching the show. Uri Geller’s exact words are, “It would not have been right to show this to kids watching De Nieuwe Uri Geller.” This? He had said before that he wanted to hypnotize the guest. Is that the “this” he was talking about? Come on, kids watching the show have probably seen worse than a hypnotization of a controversial person. I mean, before The Joker’s most recent act he almost always did something with blood and gore. Isn’t that worse?

Viewers are given a warning:
Waarschuwing!
De meeste optredens in deze show zijn levensgevaarlijk alleen
goed getrainde, professionele mentalisten kunnen deze uitvoeren
Doe dit
thuis nooit na!

Warning!
Most performances in this show are
dangerous, and only highly trained professional mentalists can perform them.
Do not try this at home!
If this doesn’t keep people from letting their kids watch the show, then I don’t see how a hypnotization would upset them.

I just wonder if he will ever have this mystery guest on the show, because I would love to know who it was supposed to be.

Believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment